The "Acoustic-Electro Tour" is not only oozing 90's nostalgia but the Pumpkins are also throwing in a fan favorite treat featuring original drummer Jimmy Chamberlin.
Beginning March 22 in Portland, Ore at the Schnitzer Hall and conclude April 20th in Houston, TX at the Cullen Performance Hall. Don't forget to grab your tickets as soon as they go on sale to the public February 5th at 9am, while pre-sales begin February 2nd also at 9am.
"According to a press release, The Smashing Pumpkins will commence work on a new album 'inspired by the sounds explored in the new acoustic setting' after the tour is over. Whatever work comes out of these sessions will follow the band’s 2014 album Monuments to an Elegy."
Current tour dates are below:
- March 22: Portland, Ore. - Schnitzer Hall
- March 23: Seattle, Wash. - The Paramount
- March 25: San Francisco, Cali. - The Masonic
- March 26-27: Los Angeles, Cali. - The Theatre at Ace Hotel
- March 29: Salt Lake City, Utah - Kingsbury Hall
- March 30: Denver, Colo. - Ellie Caulkins Opera House
- April 1: Detroit, Mich. - The Fillmore
- April 2: Columbus, Ohio - Palace Theatre
- April 4: New York, N.Y. - Beacon Theatre
- April 8: Philadelphia, Penn. - Tower Theatre
- April 9: Boston, Mass. - Orpheum Theatre
- April 10: Washington, D. C. - Lincoln Theatre
- April 12: Toronto, Ontario - Massey Hall
- April 14: Chicago, Ill. - Civic Opera House
- April 15: Louisville, Ken. - Palace Theatre
- April 16: Nashville, Tenn. - Ryman Auditorium
- April 18: Dallas, Tex. - Majestic Theatre
- April 19: Austin, Tex. - Bass Concert Hall
- April 20: Houston, Tex. - Cullen Performance Hall
Check out Liz Phair's video from 2003 for "Why Can't I?"